Adoption & Foster Care - Steps we are taking
March 22, 2012 – “Day On The Hill‘ CWLC policy event in Ottawa, ON.
- Joel Bowen, Senior Staff to MP Rodger Cuzner, Liberal Critic for Human Resources & Skills Development and Labour
- Rick Theis, Office of the Liberal Leader
- Christian Dicks, Legislative Assistant, Office of the Honourable Jim Munson
- Darlene MacDonald, Deputy Children’s Advocate, Province of MB (CWLC member)
- George Savoury, Executive Director, Family and Community Supports, NS (CWLC member)
- Peter Dudding, CEO, CWLC
- Gordon Phaneuf, Director of Strategic Initiatives, CWLC
- Jeff Denault, Consultant, CWLC
- Youth engagement in government was identified as a specific activity.
- Senator Munson’s staff will meet with child and youth Provincial/Territorial Advocates regarding the Private Members Bill on the creation of a National Children’s Commissioner, tabled by Marc Garneau, Liberal MP for Westmount–Ville-Marie.
- Creation of Child and Youth Advisory Committee to Parliament as an interim step in involving youth in government.