Joining Together: An International Conference on Child Maltreatment
The 2014 Joining Together Conference will once again bring child abuse professionals together to identify and discuss issues and initiatives related to child abuse forensic investigation and clinical practice. The conference is pleased to feature sessions related to the latest research and best practices in forensic child abuse investigation and clinical practice. The conference is based on a model of multidisciplinary collaboration.
2014 Conference Themes
● Strategies for the forensic investigative interview of the maltreated child
● Intimate partner violence
● Promoting culturally sensitive investigations for Aboriginal children
● Internet sexual exploitation
● Medical perspectives
● Offender characteristics and interrogation
● The prosecution of child abuse
● Clinical treatment
● Child witness court preparation
● Case studies
Professionals working in or interested in the area of child maltreatment such as social workers, police officers, Crown prosecutors, medical professionals, therapists, and victim service workers.
Click here to pre-register and complete a deposit of $200.00 to hold your spot and ensure 2012 conference prices in the event of a 2014 fee increase. The Conference Fee for the 2012 was $495.00.